I don’t really see a lot of legitimate reviews on half cages or any type of squat rack in general so I decided I would write one considering I looked for a half rack for about a year for the best option before making an investment on a legend fitness half cage. I found Legend Fitness full squat racks and half cages after searching for a new half rack for almost a year. One thing that I remember from that whole process was being dissapointed that the only Half racks I ever saw were your generic looking full racks and half racks with little to no personal customization options. This is one thing Legend Fitness has going for it is you can basically create your own half rack or full rack. I wanted something that could function in a small space but add a lot of value outside of getting one of those home gyms with all those cables that take up a lot of space. With that said, I would call myself somewhat of a casual hardcore lifter. I really try to get the most bang for my buck during every workout so I just wanted some traditional things.
With the Legend Fitness half cage I purchased, I also purchased a step-up, dip attachment, swivel grip pull-ups, a bench, olympic storage, and some band pegs. The legend fitness half cage came with weight storage as well which is super helpful. I know that people are probably wondering what are band pegs or why would I purchase band pegs if I am not some hardcore lifter but there are a lot of cool workouts with bands and your body weight that you can do off those pegs. That is for another article. This article is dedicated to legend fitness and offering some pictures/opinion of its half cage.
Great things about the legend fitness half cage and supporting items:
1) The Legend Fitness half cage does not move. Even at my body weight and with my strength, when I attach some bands to the bottom of the rack via the band pegs and do some body weight squats for example, this rack does not move. I could use the bands on my bench press OR my squat and it still won’t move.
2) The legend fitness half cage comes in scratch resistant silver, and plenty of color options so you can tailor it to whatever your heart desires.
3) The legend fitness bench does NOT move. I purchased the bench and was assured that it would not move at all and it honestly doesn’t from my experience thus far.
4) The set-up only takes 8 bolts for the half rack, so it didn’t take that long to setup the half rack
5) All of the legend fitness squat racks attachments are SUPER sturdy. Cheaper equipment usually comes with like some weak attachments that eventually break but these things are monsters.
6) The squat rack is affordable and a better value than anything else I found out there plus legend fitness told me they make these racks in the USA which is pretty cool. They allowed me to pay half up-front and half right before shipping. The entire process took about 2 months.
7) Customization, customization, customization…the Legend Fitness rack was cut it down to 7 feet for me so I would never have a problem with ceiling height and this big sturdy half rack could always make the trip with me in case I had to move.
8 ) Safety – this legend fitness half rack feels like a tank and as a result when I squat or bench or do any movement utilizing the squat rack it just feels so safe and unlike anything I have worked out on even compared to some commercial gyms. I can say that I have worked out in or been at gyms that have equipment as good as this legend fitness rack but you don’t need much else and this thing really feels sturdy.
Legend Fitness Half Rack Wrap-up:
The hardest thing about this whole process was getting the legend fitness half rack into my place. It took awhile to say the least.
Another thing I should mention is the customer service is great and everyone was very responsive at Legend Fitness. They really helped nail down what would work in the limited space I had to fit a half cage.
I am sure there is more but I just wanted to cover some of the main points, if you have any questions about the above reasons why I think Legend Fitness makes killer squat racks and fitness equipment then just leave a comment!
Disclaimer: I was not told to, affiliated with or given any incentive to write a post for legend fitness. I paid full price and thought it be nice to share my experience buying a half rack as I had gotten sick of commercial gyms all the time.
- The Fitness Enthusiast
2013 Legend Fitness Half Rack Update: