The Nike Romaleos 2 are the best weight lifting shoes I have ever worn.
- It starts with the contoured TPU Heel Wedge, officially called Power Bridge adds a level of stability I have never had in a weightlifting shoe my entire life. You can see in the image above how sturdy the Nike Romaleo TPU heel looks, but unlike competitors where the shoe may feel narrow up front and the heel may feel too hard for partical training purposes, Nike includes two insoles, one for competing which allows for maximum power to be transfered from the foot and another insole for training which can improve the quality of daily, weekly and monthly training sessions significantly.
- The Nike Romaleos 2 Weightlifting Shoes have led to significant strength gain, starting with my squat which helped improve the total number of reps I was able to do with 500+ lbs on the squat during a particular loading period to allowing me get more leg drive when bench pressing. Plus the Nike Romaleos 2 Weightlifting shoes give me more confidence as it makes me feel like a tank.
The Nike Romaleos 2 strap your foot firmly in place and are the most comfortable serious weightlifting shoe for people with wider feet.
- They call it integrated lacing, but thats a big word. I call it a lacing system that make sure your foot doesn’t move that’s really a result of the ‘power’ straps which really lock your foot down. It’s a big jump to go from a pair of chucks or normal nike trainers to these shoes, but the end result is a shoe that improves stability. A big focus of mine when I train and a big reason I can push up 2.5-5 more lbs on a consistent basis where I would otherwise fail.
The Nike Romaleos 2 Weightlifting Shoes are probably going to last you forever (almost).
- It took four years for a new pair of Nike Romaleos to come out, no wonder, it’s because these shoes don’t break. I don’t think I would ever need to buy another pair for me (for men, go normal shoe size) or my wife (size down 1.5 from a mens size). The Nike Romaleos 2 weightlifting shoes were also designed to minimize the wear of the heel.
- More on sizing, my wife loves her Nike Romaleos. I got her a mens size 5.5 and she is a 7 in womens size and it fits her perfectly. In her words:
The Nike Romaleos are essential for anyone looking to maximize squat performance.
The Nike Romaleos 2 Weightlifting Shoes look pretty cool.
- Nike Romaleos 2 Weightlifting Shoes come in blue, white, black and VOLT.
- I got the white pair and my wife got the black pair of Nike Romaleos. I love all color waves but avoided the VOLT as I didn’t feel it necessary to be flashy in a home gym haha. Maybe one day I’ll catch the color bug but I am more traditional. More on the looks: the Nike Romaleos, in my opinion, are the most attractive weightlifting shoes out there. There are certainly shoes out there that look good but a lot of the high end weightlifting shoes lack the style and that’s because its a niche market, right? Who knows, but the Nike Romaleo 2s are the best are the best looking weightlifting shoes, period.